March 25, 2005

I'm late

First of all, sorry I haven't updated in a while. In full honesty, though, I've done very little of interest in the past couple of weeks, largely because of the long spell of rain coupled with a sudden load of group project work to do for school. I have plans to go to Sydney's largest VW/Audi show on Sunday afternoon, however, so stay tuned for that.

So, even though this is a new update, there isn't a whole lot to say. A couple weeks ago, though, I decided to walk down a length of Parramatta Road in search of the local Lotus/prestige used dealer. When I walked in, I was shocked to see an ultra-rare/exclusive Maybach 62 sitting on the showroom floor, brand new!


Maybach 62 Posted by Hello


$999,000 Posted by Hello

Also in the "luxury" section of the showroom were these beautiful Bentleys...


Bentley Continental R and Arnage Red Label Posted by Hello

...contrasting with the "sports" section of the showroom.


Lamborghini Diablo Roadster, Ferrari 360 Spider, Lotus Elise Posted by Hello


Lotus Exige, Ferrari 360 Modena Posted by Hello


Lotus Exige Posted by Hello


Lotus Exige Posted by Hello


Porsche 911 GT3 Posted by Hello

Walking back towards downtown, I spotted this classic Citroën GS Estate - a car I'd never seen in the metal before - and have since been on a big classic Citroën kick. :)
(Stay tuned for more classic Citroëns as well - there is a Citroën club meeting that I'm hoping to attend this coming Monday night)


Citroën GS Estate Posted by Hello

The next day, my landlord made me a little desk for my new computer, which beats the small nightstand I was using before...


New desk Posted by Hello

The next Tuesday, there was an auction of "30 Rare and Collectable Mazdas" at a (somewhat) local Mazda parts supplier. Many of the cars were forgettable, but there were some beauties as well, including this...


Mazda 808 Coupe Posted by Hello

...powered by THIS! :D


302 V8 Posted by Hello

There was also a small old boat with an even bigger V8!


351 V8 Posted by Hello

A classic Mazda Bongo Van


Mazda Bongo Posted by Hello


BONGO Posted by Hello

A cool old 1200 Sedan


Mazda 1200 Sedan Posted by Hello

A bodyshell of a very old Mazda Bubblecar


Mazda Bubblecar Posted by Hello

In the end though, I had fallen in love with the RX5's.


Mazda RX5 Posted by Hello

One good thing that did come from the rain (and now sun) is a great number of beautiful birds around. Seems quite wild for me to see birds like this, as I'm used to pigeons and crows, but they're simply the native birds here!


Showing off Posted by Hello


Lori Posted by Hello


Sulphur Crested Cockatoo Posted by Hello


Sulphur Crested Cockatoo Posted by Hello


Sulphur Crested Cockatoo Posted by Hello


Kookaburra Posted by Hello


Kookaburra Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home