September 25, 2005

A year of hair

Last Saturday (the 17th) was the one year anniversary of me last cutting my hair, at which point I had it buzzed right down to a length of ½-inch. Now, it's about 6 inches in length.

I never really planned to grow it out, I just sort of never got it cut.

I've always hated my curly hair, so for the past 10 years, at least, I've kept it very short. I guess what I actually hated was the slight curl my hair would have when it was too long to be straight, but not long enough to hang down. Now that I'm past that stage, however, I like it. At the very least, it's a conversation piece. A point of interest. An escape from anonymity.

The downside? I have to pay attention to it. It had been over 8 years since I'd last combed my hair prior to this, and now I have to do it every day. In addition, I've had to actually spend money on hair products. Hair products? Mark Brown? Hair products?

Times are a changin...


Before and After Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:05 pm  
Blogger mikelietz said...

Six inches? My hair grows over an inch a month. Then again, it's not curly.

I haven't tried growing it out below my ears, though.

1:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home